A condition/medication template will be provided. Conditions will be given for each system. You will identify one drug/medication to treat each condition and give full details for that medication on the template provided here.
Answer the following questions.
1. Describe the risk factors for hypocalcemia.
2. Describe osteoporosis.
3. Describe the treatment for abnormal calcium levels.
4. Describe osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
5. Describe the treatment for arthritis.
6. Describe gout, including its risk factors and treatment.
7. Describe the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors, disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs, and corticosteroids for bone and joint inflammation.
8. Describe phantom limb pain and its treatmen
When I attended elementary school back in the late 80’s, it was not uncommon for the school nurse to visit classrooms and check children’s hair for head lice. If the nurse did detect head lice on an individual they would be sent home until successfully treated in order to not spread head lice to other children. It seems that in this day in age checks and restrictions for children with headlice have became much more relaxed. Please follow the link and read the article.
Now answer the question: Should kids with head lice be allowed at school?